It’s the beginning of a new year, which means many people are working on improving their appearance. Going to the gym and eating healthier are a couple of ways to achieve an improved physique. But what if you want to get the perfect smile? Most people envision dental exams or teeth cleanings when they think about visiting a dentist’s office. However, some dentists offer much more than that. Because over 50% of Americans aren’t happy with their smiles, some dentists offer cosmetic dentistry services. Cosmetic dentists safely and effectively help their patients achieve their perfect smiles. In this article, we’ll explore cosmetic dentistry services, as well as what patients can expect at our Duncan, OK dental office.
Types of Cosmetic Dental Treatments
There are several cosmetic treatments on the market today, which is why patients should work with their dentists to create a treatment plan that works for them. Dr. Bridges helps his patients make tailored treatment plans with the following cosmetic services:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin (yet strong) porcelain shells cover minor imperfections, such as chipped, crooked, or discolored teeth.
- Composite Veneers: Also called dental bonding, composite resin is a malleable dental material that closely matches the color of natural teeth. Composite veneers are affordable, convenient, and, if necessary, removable.
- Tooth Contouring: Tooth reshaping is a simple procedure in which patients improve their tooth length and shape. In just 30 minutes, patients drastically change the symmetry and appearance of their smiles with tooth contouring.
- Teeth Whitening: Patients who want a dazzling, bright smile can receive whitening treatments in-office or in the comfort of their own homes. Dr. Bridges offers Zoom!® in-office whitening treatments that help patients get a grin that is up to eight shades brighter in as little as 45 minutes. For similar results at home, Dr. Bridges provides Opalescence® take-home whitening treatments by Ultradent for convenient, at-home whitening.
Cosmetic Dentistry Candidacy
Cosmetic dentistry does not necessarily improve dental health or function. Therefore, patients must have good oral health before receiving cosmetic services. Patients who need to improve their oral health before cosmetic procedures may receive preventative and restorative services to prepare them beforehand.
Aside from having satisfactory oral health, good candidates for cosmetic dentistry include patients who want to:
- Change the size and shape of their teeth
- Straighten misaligned teeth
- Close gaps between their teeth
- Hide chipped teeth
- Improve stained or discolored teeth
Schedule a Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation in Duncan, OK
Whatever patients choose to improve, they will need to determine their candidacy for cosmetic treatments. That’s why Dr. Bridges offers in-depth consultations that focus on each patient’s goals and concerns. These consultations also fully assess a patient’s oral health standing. Dr. Bridges may take x-rays, pictures, or schedule additional preventative or restorative services at this appointment before performing cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Are you ready to finally get the smile that you’ve always wanted? At Chisholm Trail Smile Center, Dr. Matthew L.Bridges helps his patients get their dream smiles with cosmetic dentistry treatments. With qualifications through The American Academy of Facial Esthetics, Dr. Bridges provides his patients with contemporary, proven, and safe cosmetic treatments.
Let our caring team help you get your dream smile by scheduling a consultation today. Call us at (580) 255-4880 or contact us online to get started.