At Chisholm Trail Smile Center in Duncan, OK, Dr. Matthew L. Bridges restores dental implants to complete and maximize your smile.
Restore Health, Function, and Aesthetics with Dental Implants
Dental implants are widely regarded as the number one teeth replacement option available today. At Chisholm Trail Smile Center, Dr. Matthew L. Bridges works closely alongside an implant specialist to provide patients with high-quality comprehensive care. Whether you are missing a single tooth, or several or all of your teeth, dental implants can be used in a variety of ways to restore your smile and improve your health, function, and aesthetics.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small post crafted from surgical-grade titanium. The implant is strategically placed in the jawbone structure, and serves as an artificial tooth root. Once the dental implant is healed, a custom restoration is connected, resulting in a beautifully aesthetic appearance. Implants increase the stability and function of traditional restorations. In addition to replacing a single tooth, dental implants can be used to support a bridge as well as a denture.
Advantages of Dental Implants
When it comes to teeth replacement, there are many options in the field of dentistry. Because each person has unique needs, the solution can vary depending on a patient’s specific situation. However, many people find that implants are the most reliable and long-lasting option. Dental implants offer numerous benefits, including:
- Optimal Oral Health: Dental implants stimulate nerves in the jawbone. This encourages bone growth and prevents bone recession, which is a common consequence of tooth loss. Dental implants can help patients keep a strong and healthy smile.
- Durability: If properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime. Appropriate home care combined with routine cleanings and checkups will help maintain your smile.
- Comfort: Once restored, a dental implant looks and feels just like a natural tooth. After a while, you will not even realize it is there.
- Better Function: Patients who wear dentures sometimes complain that their prosthesis slips and shifts when they are eating or speaking. Because dental implants fuse to your jawbone, movement is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Convenience: Dental implants are permanent, non-removable teeth replacement solutions. They become a part of you, so you never have to worry about leaving an appliance, such as a partial or denture, at home.
- Improved Speech: Missing teeth or poor-fitting dentures can affect your speech patterns. Dental implants act as natural teeth, so you can speak with confidence again.
- Aesthetically-Pleasing Results: Dental implants look like natural teeth once they are restored, and are virtually unnoticeable. They can also be brushed and flossed just like regular teeth.
Your Dental Implant Treatment Process
During an initial examination at our office, Dr. Bridges will discuss all treatment options with you, carefully weighing the pros and cons of each choice. If you decide to pursue a dental implant, Dr. Bridges will refer you to an oral surgeon or a periodontist for the surgical placement. After a designated healing period, the specialist will refer you back to our office for the restoration of your implant. Whether you need a single dental crown, a bridge, or an implant-supported denture, Dr. Bridges can expertly restore your implants and give you the smile you desire.
Schedule a Consultation
Missing teeth can significantly affect your overall quality of life. When your teeth do not fit together properly or function as they are intended, more serious issues can develop. This can lead to shifting, mobility, or even further tooth loss. To find out more about dental implants, schedule a consultation with Dr. Bridges. You can call Chisholm Trail Smile Center at (580) 255-4880 or contact us online.