At Chisholm Trail Smile Center in Duncan, OK, Dr. Matthew L. Bridges can fabricate dentures for patients who are missing most or all of their teeth.
Restore Your Smile with Dentures
Patients who are missing most or all of their teeth can benefit from custom dentures. These removable appliances can help restore speech and chewing function and fill in the gaps in your smile for a beautiful appearance. Using high-grade dental materials, dentures can be crafted with anything from acrylic to resin to ceramic porcelain, creating a natural-looking result. At Chisholm Trail Smile Center in Duncan, OK, Dr. Matthew L. Bridges offers various types of dentures for his patients who need a convenient, affordable teeth replacement solution.
Am I a Candidate for Dentures?
If your teeth are damaged, decayed, or missing, dentures may be an option for you. During your initial consultation, Dr. Bridges will perform a full assessment of any remaining teeth, and will examine your gums and the surrounding tissues. X-rays and scans may be taken to evaluate the health of the underlying jawbone. Together, you and Dr. Bridges will determine your goals and create a personalized treatment plan to fit your needs.
Types of Dentures
The type of denture necessary will depend entirely on your situation and goals. At Chisholm Trail Smile Center, we offer various types of dentures, including:
- Traditional Dentures: Most likely what you imagine when you think of dentures, the traditional variety replaces an entire arch of missing teeth. Conventional dentures are supported by the gum tissue and the underlying bone. Sometimes, dental adhesives are used for additional stability.
- Partial Dentures: If you are missing teeth in a random or sporadic pattern, partials may be an option for you. Like traditional dentures, partials are held in place by the gums and jawbone. However, added security can be achieved through the use of special dental clasps that hook to your adjacent teeth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: The most reliable and stable type of denture is an implant-supported prosthesis. Rather than resting on the gums, this type of denture is attached to dental implants for support. Because dental implants mimic the roots of your natural teeth, they stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone recession. If you choose to receive an implant-supported denture, Dr. Bridges will refer you to a trusted specialist to have your implants placed. Once they are healed, we will fabricate your custom denture and attach it to your new implants.
Benefits of Dentures
When you have missing or damaged teeth, your function is severely limited. Eating, chewing, and speaking can be challenging. When you choose dentures as your teeth replacement option, you will notice a significant improvement in your ability to eat the foods you love. Not only will dentures increase your function, they will also improve your appearance and boost your confidence. When you look and feel your best, it shines through in your smile.
Your Denture Treatment Process
If you and Dr. Bridges determine that a denture is a good treatment option for you, there are a few steps to achieve your new smile. When you receive dentures at Chisholm Trail Smile Center, here are a few things you can expect:
- Impressions: In order to craft your new prosthesis, we will take molds of your mouth. This will help the dental lab fabricate your new denture.
- Wax Buildup: So that you can see how your denture will look and feel, a wax model of your teeth will be made. These will be tried in and fitted, making adjustments for optimal appearance and function.
- Fabrication: Once the changes and adjustments have been made, the wax model will be sent back to the lab, where a technician will masterfully craft your new final dentures.
- Fitting: Once your case arrives from the lab, we will schedule you for an appointment. You will try in the new denture, and Dr. Bridges will evaluate the fit, making any necessary adjustments.
- Adjustments: As you settle into your new dentures, it is perfectly normal to need minor adjustments for the first few weeks. We will check in with you to make sure your prosthesis is fitting well and functioning properly.
Schedule a Consultation
If you constantly cover your mouth when you laugh or talk, dentures can help restore your smile and your confidence. To find out more, schedule an appointment with Dr. Bridges. You can call our office at (580) 255-4880 or contact us online anytime.