Keep Your Smile Healthy with Preventive Dentistry
The Importance of Routine Cleanings and Examinations
The American Dental Association recommends routine dental examinations and cleanings for optimal oral health. Because each patient has a unique set of needs, the frequency of these visits can vary for every person. Most patients see the dentist every six months, although some may need more frequent cleanings if they are prone to certain issues, such as periodontal disease. Dr. Bridges can help you decide on a schedule that will work for you.
An Investment in Your Future Health
Additionally, preventive treatments are far more affordable than restorative procedures or tooth extractions. By investing in your oral health now, you are significantly reducing the need for more extensive treatments later on. Save yourself time, stress, and money by taking advantage of routine dental care.
Preventive Treatments at Chisholm Trail Smile Center
- Routine Examinations: All aspects of your oral anatomy work together in harmony for proper function. Detecting cavities, checking your gum health, and assessing your jaw joints are just some of the ways Dr. Bridges can help you maintain your smile.
- Regular Cleanings: Our dental hygienists are expertly trained in preventive care. Utilizing only the latest techniques and technologies, cleanings are performed using an ultrasonic scaler and specially-designed hand instruments.
- Patient Education: Proper home care is just as important as regular dental visits. Our team can demonstrate brushing and flossing techniques that will help you take care of your smile between appointments.
- Dental Sealants: Back teeth can have deep grooves and fissures on the chewing surfaces, making the areas difficult to clean with a toothbrush. For this reason, molars and premolars can be more prone to cavities. Dental sealants can be used as a barrier, protecting your teeth from decay-causing bacteria.
- Fluoride Treatments: Tooth enamel can be broken down or demineralized over time due to acidity from food and plaque. Topical fluoride treatments are a simple, safe, and effective way to remineralize tooth enamel, making your teeth more resilient to decay.
- Custom Mouth Guards: Bridges can fabricate a custom mouth guard for patients who suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding) or pain associated with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder.
- Digital X-rays: Diagnostic imaging is vital to identify issues and determine necessary treatment. At Chisholm Trail Smile Center, patient safety is a priority. Our system is completely digital, and emits 90 percent less radiation than traditional x-ray units.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Early detection is crucial when it comes to oral cancer. Every routine examination at our practice will include an oral cancer screening. These assessments are comfortable, straightforward, and can be completed in a matter of minutes.