Dr. Matthew L. Bridges provides preventative dentistry services in his Duncan, OK practice to help his patients maintain good oral health.
Keep Your Smile Healthy with Preventative Dentistry
Procedures in preventative dentistry can aid in the early detection and treatment of tooth decay and other dental issues. In Duncan, OK, Dr. Matthew L. Bridges offers routine dental checkups and cleanings to help you maintain good oral health and keep your smile looking its best. Formerly Schreiner Family Dentistry, the Chisholm Trail Smile Center has been serving our community for generations. We treat even the most anxious patients, embracing the belief that going to the dentist can be a pleasant and comfortable experience.
The Importance of Routine Cleanings and Examinations
Not only can regular maintenance keep your teeth looking bright and shiny, but it can also prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems. Plaque harbors bacteria that can compromise healthy tooth structure and cause infection. Proper oral hygiene at home will help combat these issues. However, plaque and tartar can become trapped deep under the gums and cannot be reached with brushing and flossing alone.
The American Dental Association recommends routine dental examinations and cleanings for optimal oral health. Because each patient has a unique set of needs, the frequency of these visits can vary for every person. Most patients see the dentist every six months, although some may need more frequent cleanings if they are prone to certain issues, such as periodontal disease. Dr. Bridges can help you decide on a schedule that will work for you.
An Investment in Your Future Health
Did you know there is a significant link between oral health and overall health? Studies have established that periodontal disease can contribute to issues such as heart disease and stroke. The bacteria found in your mouth is also present in your bloodstream and is carried throughout your entire body. By maintaining proper oral hygiene, you reduce the chances of developing serious health problems.
Additionally, preventative treatments are far more affordable than restorative procedures or tooth extractions. By investing in your oral health now, you are significantly reducing the need for more extensive treatments later on. Save yourself time, stress, and money by taking advantage of routine dental care.
Preventative Treatments at Chisholm Trail Smile Center
Our practice offers preventative dentistry for patients of all ages. Some of the common treatments we provide include:
- Routine Examinations: All aspects of your oral anatomy work together in harmony for proper function. Detecting cavities, checking your gum health, and assessing your jaw joints are just some of the ways Dr. Bridges can help you maintain your smile.
- Regular Cleanings: Our dental hygienists are expertly trained in preventative care. Utilizing only the latest techniques and technologies, cleanings are performed using an ultrasonic scaler and specially-designed hand instruments.
- Patient Education: Proper home care is just as important as regular dental visits. Our team can demonstrate brushing and flossing techniques that will help you take care of your smile between appointments.
- Dental Sealants: Back teeth can have deep grooves and fissures on the chewing surfaces, making the areas difficult to clean with a toothbrush. For this reason, molars and premolars can be more prone to cavities. Dental sealants can be used as a barrier, protecting your teeth from decay-causing bacteria.
- Fluoride Treatments: Tooth enamel can be broken down or demineralized over time due to acidity from food and plaque. Topical fluoride treatments are a simple, safe, and effective way to remineralize tooth enamel, making your teeth more resilient to decay.
- Custom Mouth Guards: Bridges can fabricate a custom mouth guard for patients who suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding) or pain associated with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder.
- Digital X-rays: Diagnostic imaging is vital to identify issues and determine necessary treatment. At Chisholm Trail Smile Center, patient safety is a priority. Our system is completely digital, and emits 90 percent less radiation than traditional x-ray units.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Early detection is crucial when it comes to oral cancer. Every routine examination at our practice will include an oral cancer screening. These assessments are comfortable, straightforward, and can be completed in a matter of minutes.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you are interested in learning more about treatments in preventative dentistry, schedule an appointment with Dr. Bridges. Contact Chisholm Trail Smile Center online, or call our office at (580) 255-4880.