Dr. Matthew L. Bridges provides treatments in restorative dentistry at Chisholm Trail Smile Center in Duncan, OK to repair and strengthen damaged teeth.
Repair Damaged Teeth with Treatments in Restorative Dentistry
The field of restorative dentistry focuses on repairing teeth damaged by decay or trauma. At Chisholm Trail Smile Center in Duncan, OK, Dr. Matthew L. Bridges offers a number of treatments in restorative dentistry, such as dental fillings, crowns, and bridges to help keep your smile healthy. In our practice, patients truly are the top priority. Dr. Bridges and our staff take time to understand your needs and listen to your concerns. We are dedicated to providing your family with high-quality comprehensive dental care.
Treatments in Restorative Dentistry
When your teeth are damaged or decayed, your oral and overall health is compromised. Restorative dentistry seeks to reinforce or replace the natural teeth, bringing aesthetics, function, and health back to your smile. Some of the common restorative treatments offered at our practice include:
- Dental Fillings: To treat decay, the damaged portions of a tooth must be removed. Dental fillings are used to fill in the voids, reinforcing the natural tooth structure. Fillings may be comprised of silver amalgam or tooth-colored composite resin.
- Dental Crowns: If there is extensive tooth decay, a crown can be used to fortify the natural structure. Dental crowns, commonly called “caps”, fit over the entire tooth surface, returning your tooth to its original shape and size. Though most patients choose ceramic or zirconia crowns, they can also be crafted from metal.
- Inlays and Onlays: If decay is too extensive for a filling, but not severe enough for a crown, inlays and onlays can be used to restore teeth. These are placed in or on your natural teeth, replacing the damaged structure.
- Dental Bridges: If you are missing one or more consecutive teeth, a dental bridge can fill in the gap. Comprised of artificial teeth connected to two dental crowns, a bridge can be connected to adjacent teeth to complete your smile.
- Root Canal Therapy: If a tooth becomes abscessed, the infection can spread from the pulp to the ends of the roots. Root canal therapy repairs the tooth by removing the infected tissue from the internal structure, and filling the root canals with a special rubber-like dental material.
- Dental Implants: It is always preferable to save natural teeth when possible. However, in cases when an extraction is necessary, the tooth can be replaced with a dental implant. Considered the most optimal teeth replacement option available, implants replace the roots of your natural teeth, preventing jawbone recession. In cases requiring a dental implant, Dr. Bridges will refer patients to a trusted surgeon. Once the healing is complete, we will place the final crown here in our office.
- Dentures: For patients missing most or all of their teeth, dentures can serve as a wonderful teeth replacement option. The type of denture necessary will depend on each individual case.
Am I a Candidate for Restorative Dentistry?
There are many reasons a patient may be a candidate for restorative treatments. The primary objective of restorative dentistry is to return you to proper oral function. Some patients may need to address decay. Others may have experienced trauma that resulted in broken or knocked-out teeth. Effects of bruxism (teeth grinding) can also be addressed with restorative treatments.
The best way to know if you need restorative treatment is to have a consultation with Dr. Bridges. During your examination, he will assess your teeth and gums, and listen to your concerns about your smile. A fully personalized treatment plan will be created to address your specific needs.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are experiencing dental pain, or if you would like to replace missing teeth, schedule a consultation with Dr. Bridges. Our team at Chisholm Trail Smile Center will do everything we can to make sure you have the most pleasant experience possible. Call our office at (580) 255-4880, or contact us online anytime.